Free Energy Advice Service
Are you looking for ways to save money on your energy bills? Or are you wondering how you can reduce emissions in your household? If so, check out Moreland and the Australian Energy Foundation’s free energy advice service.
What is the Free Energy Advice Service?
Moreland City Council have partnered with the Australian Energy Foundation (AEF) to offer free over-the-phone home energy advice consultations for Moreland residents. Experts at AEF can help you understand your energy bill and provide advice on actions you can take at home to manage your energy usage.
Who should access the Free Energy Advice Service?
Moreland residents who are experiencing increasing energy costs or who foresee increasing costs due to higher cooling or heating costs are encouraged to access the service. Additionally, all residents who are interested in reducing their carbon footprint regardless of their current bill costs are welcome to access the service. Both tenants and homeowners are eligible.
What type of advice is available?
Experts at the AEF can advise on a range of energy improvement services and upgrades including:
- draught-proofing and insulation
- solar panels and battery storage options
- heating and cooling systems best suited for your home
- hot water efficiency measures
- improving warmth or cooling through window protection
- lighting fittings and rebates
- tips on how to shop around for the best energy tariff
- how to seek bill relief from your retailer