Free Energy Advice Service
Are you looking for ways to save money on your energy bills? Or are you wondering how you can reduce emissions in your household?
What is the Energy Advice Service?
We have partnered with the Australian Energy Foundation (AEF) to offer free home energy advice over-the-phone for Moreland residents. Experts at AEF will help you understand your energy bill. They can also provide advice on actions you can take at home to manage your energy usage.
Who can access the free Energy Advice service?
Anyone living in Moreland can access the Energy Advice Service for free.
We recommend this service for people:
- Who have energy bills that have grown
- Who see their energy bills increasing this summer on very hot days
- Who want to reduce their carbon footprint or make more sustainable energy choices
What type of advice is available?
Experts at the AEF can advise on a range of energy improvement services and upgrades including:
- see if you are eligible for the $250 power saving bonus from State Government
- tips on how to shop around for the best energy price
- how to seek bill relief from your retailer
- draught-proofing (learn how to block up gaps in windows and doors, even in a rental)
- Insulation options
- solar panels and battery storage options
- heating and cooling systems best suited for your home
- see if you have the best hot water service for you
- improving window protection for warmth or cooling
- making the switch to LED light globes and their rebates