Impact Digital is a local company that sees sustainability as a way of positioning themselves for the future and has made sustainable actions a part of their corporate identity.
What have they done?
Brunswick-based digital printing company, Impact Digital is using the power of the sun to help run their printers. The business owners installed a 16.5 kW solar power system (115 panels) on the roof of their premises which provides around 25 percent of the electricity required by the building.
Since installing the solar panels, Impact Digital has been saving over 28 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions each year and thousands of dollars on electricity costs.
“IT’S BEEN A GOOD BENEFIT FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AS THEY ARE UNDER INCREASING PRESSURE TO CHOOSE SUSTAINABLE SUPPLIERS” – Tony Parker from Impact Digital
As well as installing solar panels, Impact Digital has undertaken a number of other sustainability measures including:
- Solar hot water
- Rainwater tanks with 5,000 litre capacity
- A ‘free cooling’ ventilation system that draws cool air into the building and expels hot air
- Energy efficient lighting sensor switches
- Removed T5 Fluoro and and replaced the complete factory with LED panels (31w)
- Recycling the majority of waste materials
- Impact Digital is Carbon Neutral – since 2011 they have reduced emissions per unit of paper by 41%
- Any remaining carbon is offset 100% through Green Fleet – planting 2,672 trees
- Using Carbon neutral stocks Impact Digital saved 316.4t carbon emissions in 2015/16
Not only is Impact Digital positioning itself as a sustainable business, they are also protecting themselves against future increases in electricity costs.