Moreland Energy Foundation Ltd will award a prize of $1,500 to the project led by a Moreland community group, school, early learning centre or other organisation that contributes most towards Moreland’s zero carbon evolution goals.
We’ve just extended the deadline to 9am on Monday 3rd October to ensure all community groups have the chance to submit an entry.
If you’re interested in applying then read on for the full details…
The ZCE strategy has five key themes:
- Generating local renewable energy
- Using energy efficiently
- Low-emissions transport
- Minimising urban heat islands effects
- Activating the community to reduce emissions
The winning project must demonstrate how it will positively contribute to one or more of these themes. The prize will be awarded to the project MEFL deem will have the biggest impact.
Criteria for the prize are:
- Impact against each of the zero carbon evolution themes
- Wider community benefits
- Track record of organisation to deliver projects
- Additional resources that can be leveraged to deliver Moreland’s ZCE goals.
MEFL’s Positive Charge team will support the winning project with technical advice as needed.
MEFL will also look for opportunities to support those who are unsuccessful achieve their ambitions and play their part in Moreland’s transition to a zero carbon community.
TO APPLY FOR THE PRIZE
Applications providing the following information must be emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 3rd October:
- Brief description (max 50 words)
- Which of the 5 ZCE themes the project will contribute to and how (this can be more than one)
- Wider benefits of the project to Moreland community
- Project plan – specific activities that will take place to realise the project
- Total cost of the project – detailing where additional resources will come from
- Project risks
- Brief background on your organisation’s ability to deliver projects
For more information on the prize and application process email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions
- Applications are invited from Australian registered charity or community organisations, schools, early learning centres and kinders based within Moreland.
- Completed applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 3rd
- Any funding received from MEFL must be spent solely for the purpose of the approved application project, and within the time period stated in the ZCE Community Prize Application.
- The information provided on the application form will only be used by the ZCE Community Prize Committee for the purpose of choosing the winner of the Community Prize, and by MEFL to understand how we can support unsuccessful applicants progress their projects.