There’s lots happening in Moreland as part of the 2017 Sustainable Living Festival. This national festival aims to accelerate the uptake of sustainable living and seeks solutions to global warming that will return the planet to a safe climate as fast as humanly possible. The Festival raises awareness and provides tools for change by showcasing leading solutions to the ecological and social challenges we face.
The festival runs from 4-28 February, with a big weekend on 11-12 Feb.
Events in Moreland include:
- Farmers Markets at Coburg – every Saturday
- Squeaky Wheel bike training for Fawkner’s ladies – Saturday 4th Feb
- Walking tour of the Lygon Street Green Mile project – Saturday 11th Feb
- Cycling tour of Sustainable Moreland – Sunday 12th Feb
- A bamboo bike making workshop – Wednesday 15th Feb
- A Climate for Change public gathering – Thursday 16th Feb
- CERESly amazing race – Saturday 25th Feb
There’s also ride in cinema at Coburg Velodrome every saturday during the festival – so plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved!