Catch Public Transport
Why should I choose public transport?
When the roads are clogged and there’s no car parking because everyone is going the same way at the same time, choosing the public transport alternative makes a lot of sense. One full bus can take more than 50 cars off the road, a full train more than 600 cars off the road. A trip by public transport releases far fewer carbon emissions than a car trip.
Taking public transport also saves you all the associated costs of owning and maintaining a car including parking fees, insurance, fuel, repairs, servicing and registration.
What public transport services are available in Moreland?
Train services in Moreland include:
Train services in Moreland operate via the Upfield and Craigieburn lines. Glenroy and Coburg stations are staffed and also sell regional V/Line tickets.
Tram services in Moreland include:
- Tram 96 travels between St Kilda and East Brunswick. It runs along Nicholson Street and terminates at Blyth Street.
- Tram 1 travels between South Melbourne Beach and East Coburg. It runs along Lygon Street and Nicholson Street (north) and terminates at Bell Street.
- Tram 6 travels between Moreland and Glen Iris. It runs along Lygon Street and Moreland Road and terminates at Moreland train station.
- Tram 19 travels between Elizabeth Street (City) and North Coburg. It runs along Sydney Road and terminates at Bakers Road.
- Tram 58 travels between Toorak and West Coburg. It runs along Grantham Street, Dawson Street and then Melville Road, and terminates at Bell Street.
Bus services in Moreland include:
- Bus 490 Airport West to Gowanbrae via Melrose Drive and Gowanbrae Drive
- Bus 503 Essendon – East Brunswick via Albion Street
- Bus 504 Moonee Ponds – Clifton Hill via East Brunswick
- Bus 506 Moonee Ponds – Westgarth Station via Brunswick
- Bus 508 Alphington – Moonee Ponds via Northcote and Brunswick
- Bus 509 Brunswick West – Barkly Square Shopping Centre via Hope Street and Sydney Road
- Bus 510 Essendon – Ivanhoe via Brunswick & Northcote and Thornbury. Buses on this route can carry bikes
- Bus 512 Strathmore – East Coburg via Pascoe Vale South & Coburg West & Coburg. Buses on this route can carry bikes
- Bus 513 Eltham – Glenroy via Greensborough or Lower Plenty
- Bus 527 Gowrie – Northland via Murray Road
- Bus 530 Campbellfield – Coburg via Fawkner
- Bus 534 Glenroy to Coburg via Boundary Road & Sydney Road
- Bus 536 Gowrie – Glenroy via Gowrie Park
- Bus 542 Roxburgh Park – Pascoe Vale via Meadow Heights, Broadmeadows and Glenroy
- Bus 561 Macleod – Pascoe Vale via La Trobe University
- Smart Bus 903 Altona – Mordialloc